Applicable for product purchased in Australia after 1st of April 2021.
This Limited Warranty \(“Warranty”\) is a voluntary manufacturer’s warranty by Exway Australia \(“Exway”\). It applies to the products listed below, purchased in Australia after 1st of April 2021 \(the “Product\(s\)”\) and is provided at no extra charge. Your rights under this Warranty are in addition to and separate from your statutory legal rights as a purchaser of the Product which may vary by state or territory. This Warranty does not affect these rights.
Before your first ride, please read the manual provided with each Product. They contain important safety information and information about assembly, use, and maintenance. Exway also recommends registering your Exway Skateboard upon purchase at www.exway.com.au While registration is not required to take advantage of this Warranty, it will allow Exway to provide you with better service in the future.
- Exway guarantees it Products for the Warranty Period to be of acceptable quality in accordance with section 54 of the Australian Consumer Law.
- The warranty starts on the date that the board is purchased and is valid for 12 months or up to 1000kms.
- The customer must provide valid proof of purchase for warranty coverage.
- Replacement parts are available for sale after the warranty period is completed.
What's covered under Warranty, and for how long?
Exway warrants the Products for a limited time from the date of original retail purchase against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with Exway’s published guidelines. The guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and service communications. “Original retail purchase” means the Product was purchased new for the first time from an Authorised Exway Australia Dealer or directly from Exway Australia.
12 Months Warranty from the date of purchase, or up to 1000kms on the following
Partial warranty coverage can be transferred to subsequent owners, with proof of original purchase
What's not covered?
- Wear Items. These are consumable components of the product subject to wear and tear. They include, but are not limited to: wheels, bearings, bushings, grip tape, belts, tyes.
- Damage caused by improper use, improper maintenance, or improper storage.
- Damage caused by improper alterations/modifications.
- Damage caused by unauthorised repairs of the product.
Terms of warranty
To take advantage of this Warranty, a dated proof of original retail purchase must be presented to Exway in Australia. Proof of original retail purchase is needed whether you are the original retail purchaser or subsequent owner. In all events, Exway reserves the right to limit warranty service to the country where the Product was purchased. During the duration of the Warranty, Exway will either repair the Product or, at Exway’s option, replace it with the same or most similar Product then available. That is because we do not keep inventory forever, so we may not have the exact replacement part or exact colour available. If the Product is replaced, it needs to be returned to Exway before the replacement is provided unless otherwise agreed to by Exway in writing.
The Warranty does not cover damage to a Product that, in Exway’s reasonable opinion, has been damaged due to:
- Normal wear and tear;
- Transport or shipping of the Product;
- Theft of the Product;
- Use of the Product for a purpose other than as expressly described by Exway, including for commercial purposes, or unusually high or excessive use;
- Abuse, misuse, negligence, improper use or accidents, including using or storing the Product in adverse environments (including damp, sandy or corrosive environments), water damage, dropping the Product onto the ground or colliding with objects;
- Modifications, tampering, alterations or repairs being made to the Product;
- Use of the Product in a manner contrary to law; or
- Failure to comply with any user manuals or guidelines provided by Exway including maintenance and storage obligations.
The Warranty does not cover Consumable Components for the entire term of the Warranty Period.
How to make a Warranty Claim
If the Customer is eligible to make a Warranty Claim, the Customer must:
- Contact Exway by visiting the Contact Us page.
- Provide Exway with proof of purchase of the Product, such as a tax invoice, which clearly shows the original place of purchase and the Product purchase date.
- If Exway authorises the Customer a return number, then deliver the Product to Exway at the Customer’s expense for inspection and diagnosis of the fault and confirm this Warranty applies, noting:
- Products should be safely packaged for return shipping (Original factory packaging would be preferred);
- The Customer’s name, address, phone number and return authorisation number must be provided at the time of return;
- The Customer accepts the possible risk of loss or damage to the Product while in transit; and
- Upon receipt of the returned Product, Exway will evaluate the Warranty Claim as quickly as possible and in its sole discretion either:
a) Accept the Warranty Claim, in which case Exway will either at Exway’s cost:
i) Repair the Product; or
ii) Replace the Product with the same or equivalent Product (having regard to function, specification and design); or
iii) Provide the Customer with a refund for the Purchase Price of that Product.
- The replacement or repair of a Product or part doesn’t restart or extend the Warranty term for that Product.
- Exway may repair Products using refurbished parts provided Exway is reasonably satisfied the parts are durable and will function properly for the remainder of the warranty period.
- In the event Exway provides a refund or replacement Product, title to the returned Product will pass to Exway from the date that the Product is in possession of Exway.
b) reject the Warranty Claim, in which case Exway will return the Product to the Customer at the Customer’s expense.
Exway will remedy a valid Warranty Claim as quickly as reasonably practicable, however timing will depend on availability of replacement parts and service
Exway may in its sole discretion decline the Warranty if proof of original purchase cannot be provided.Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the remedies set out in this policy are the sole remedies available to the Customer and the maximum liability of Exway if the Warranty is breached.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Exway is not liable for any Consequential Loss however caused (including by Exway’s negligence), suffered or incurred by a Customer, or another person, who uses a Product or otherwise in connection with a Product.Australian Consumer Guarantees
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
For minor failures Exway can choose to provide a free repair instead of a replacement or refund.
For major failures with the product you are entitled to a replacement or refund.
Please refer to your full rights under Australian Consumer Law, with the ACCC
THIS IS A FULL AND COMPLETE STATEMENT OF EXWAY’S WARRANTY FOR THE PRODUCT. NO OTHER REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND BY ANYONE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING THE PRODUCT. EXWAY’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS WARRANTY SHALL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW BE NO GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE AND IN NO EVENT SHALL EXWAY BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
This document is subject to change without notice.
To submit a warranty claim, please do so via the Warranty Form